August 2010

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanks for Thanksgiving

I have admired the 'corn shock' of a neighbor for many years and
so this year for the first time created one of our own from the corn
grown in our garden.

The Thanksgiving holiday is coming to a close and we had a wonderful time together. I enjoyed the challenge presented on Facebook to post something that I was thankful for each day. I've decided that since this is a 'living journal' that I would like to re - post those as a part of my blog.



I am thankful for:
1. The freedom that I enjoy in this country and for those who have served and sacrificed to preserve it.
2. My health - I realize that I am over half way to a hundred, but despite a few aches and the need for a little more sleep, I am healthy - I have my vision, my hearing, all of my organs function and am disease free.
3. Great friends and neighbors . We live in such a great community among wonderful people.
4. Warm home and the many comforts of life that I enjoy - I am grateful to live in a time when we have electricity, modern kitchen appliances, computers etc
5. Employment in a place that I feel that I can contribute and help others. I have great people to work with - they are almost like family to me.
6. My heritage - my ancestors who lived before and paved the way in so many ways. They sacrificed so much.
7. Extended family - I have been made to feel a part of the Mackay family and love them all so very dearly.
8. Education and the opportunity to learn. There is so much to yet to learn.
9. Music - it is good for my soul, even though I only participate with my ears.
10. My garden - it was such a fun adventure to plant and then realize the law of the harvest. We still have tomatoes ripening in the basement!
11. Chocolate - I am so glad that it has been determined to be healthy!
12. My grandchildren - I love being a part of their lives - they make me smile even when we aren't together.
13. My children - I am so grateful for each one and the good lives that they lead. I am grateful for their love.
14. My 'children - law' - I so appreciate Julie, Jinni, Jenny, and Brayden. I am grateful for their being soul mates to Wes, Brett, Allen and Allison
15. My husband, Scott - I am thankful that he loves me. We are the best of friends.
16. My Savior, Jesus Christ - I am grateful to know him, for his sacrifice for me, and that I feel his love.
17. For Thanksgiving and the opportunty to realize how very blessed that I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment